This new round has a deadline of February 9, so get the best shots of your kids in to us for a chance at winning an exquisite Moleskine Monograph from MILK Books, as well as have your image critiqued by a pro and published in the next issue of D-Photo.
The most recent round of the competition was judged by photographer Anna Munro, who picked Shannon Godfrey’s sweet, candid shot (displayed above) as the champion image.
Munro says the image initially struck her because of it's strong narrative.
“I can feel a sense of expectation in the baby’s face and I love that it is a sweet, honest moment in time that is artistically composed and captured,” she explains.
“The scale of the baby next to the father’s legs is very endearing, as is the outfit. To me the matching gumboots tell a story of a child who will grow into his father’s footsteps: one day the baby’s gumboots will be dirty from work, too.”
For more of the judge's comments and critiques pick up the latest issue of D-Photo.
Congratulations also go out to the round’s deserving runners-up, Debbie Harrison in second place and Robert Mackenzie in third, whose images are displayed below and printed in D-Photo 64, on sale now.
For your chance to score a spot in the next winners spread, have a read of the entry conditions:
Send entries to: email@example.com with the subject ‘Kids Photo Comp’
Details to include: image title, camera used, focal length, aperture, shutter speed, iso, any additional equipment
Image requirements: around A4 size at 300dpi, JPEG file
Deadline: 5pm, February 9
Terms and conditions
- To enter you must be the photographer of the submitted content and either the legal copyright holder or have permission from the copyright holder
- Images should be around A4 size at 300dpi – file size is a clue, if it’s less than 1MB it’s probably not print quality
- Images should not be watermarked
- Images should not have been previously published (personal blogs, websites and social media sites are fine)
- You may enter as many images as you like, but entries must not have been submitted in previous D-Photo competitions
- You fully indemnify D-Photo and its sponsors against any claims arising from third parties in the event that your submitted image infringes intellectual, property or model rights if published by D-Photo and its sponsors for promotion or acknowledgment of the competition and exhibition
- Entrants retain copyright to their images and agree that D-Photo may use material submitted in whole for promotion or acknowledgment of the competition and exhibition
- Entrants agree submitted material may be cropped for editorial and layout purposes and that such altered images may be credited to them
- Non-compliance with the competition criteria will disqualify entries
- Prizes are not transferable and may not be exchanged for cash
- No entries will be accepted after stated deadlines
For further inquiries please contact firstname.lastname@example.org