Welcome to the 2016 edition of the Sigma D-Photo Amateur Photographer of the Year competition! This competition is now closed for entries, but you can still explore the category galleries via the images below.
This year we introduced two new categories to the competition: Aerial (sponsored by DJI Drones) and Macro (sponsored by Tamron Lenses). They joined the well-established categories of Creative (sponsored by White Studios), Junior (sponsored by the Universal College of Learning), Landscape (sponsored by Progear), Monochrome (sponsored by Ilford), Nature (sponsored by Vanguard), People (sponsored by Profoto), and Travel (sponsored by Nikon).
We're currently reviewing all of the images submitted to this year's competition, and we can't wait to showcase the winning images in the special 2016 Sigma D-Photo Amateur Photographer of the Year issue of the magazine (Issue No. 73), in store from July 11. Good luck to all those who entered!
Terms and conditions
- The 2016 Sigma D-Photo Amateur Photographer of the Year Competition is only open to residents of New Zealand.
- Submitted images should not have been previously published (image sharing websites and personal blogs are all right — email email@example.com if unsure).
- Only photographers not earning their primary income from photography will be eligible to submit entries.
- Previous D-Photo competition entries are not eligible.
- Each image may be entered into one category only.
- All images must be submitted without watermarks.
- To enter you must be the photographer of all submitted content and either the legal copyright holder or have permission from the copyright holder.
- You fully indemnify D-Photo and its sponsors against any claims arising from third parties in the event that your submitted image infringes intellectual, property, or model rights if published by D-Photo and its sponsors for promotion or acknowledgement of the competition and/or exhibition.
- Entrants retain copyright to their images and agree that material submitted may be used in whole or in part by D-Photo and its sponsors for promotion or acknowledgement of the competition and/or exhibition. Entrants agree to their images being shared via social media and digital channels from the submissions gallery, by D-Photo, competition sponsors, and gallery viewers.
- Entrants agree submitted material may be cropped slightly if needed for editorial and layout purposes and that such altered images may be credited to them.
- Entrants agree to receiving regular D-Photo, and associated publications, correspondence in the form of e-newsletters.
- Winners will be chosen by a panel of industry experts.
- Non-compliance with the competition criteria will disqualify entries.
- Award prizes are not transferable and may not be exchanged for cash. Special conditions may apply to non-cash prizes, e.g. they may be subject to availability.
- Deadline for entries is 5pm, Monday, June 13, 2016. No entries will be accepted after this date.